SPUNK`S ABODE

I SOLEMNLY SWEAR THAT I AM UP TO NO GOOD.

Wednesday, November 19, 2008

mind vs heart, what is the score?

NOTE: This is a LENGTHY entry.


There are some people in life worth fighting for, worth keeping, worth the pain & the tears, & simply some who don`t even deserve a second chance. But sometimes when you think about it, some people don`t change even after you`ve given them three or four chances. & you don`t know if you should continue giving them chances to redeem themselves because she might just change at the 5th chance. & you don`t wanna live in regret, with a whole lot of "WHAT IF"s. What if you HAD given her that 5th chance? Or what if you hadn`t?

What I can honestly say is, follow your heart because you are the only one who can save yourself from falling further into the doldrums. Sure, it sounds simpler than it actually is. When it comes to affairs of the heart, the mind is constantly at loggerheads with the heart. The mind can be trained. Haven`t you heard? It`s all in the mind. Back then, when my Track & Field trainings got intensive, I pushed myself to my limits. Each time I felt like succumbing to tears & falling on my knees, I`d repeatedly tell myself "FITRIYANNA, it`s all in the mind". I`d psycho myself till I gain the strength & confidence to push myself further. I am certain that your parents & teachers must have said this a gazillion times, "If you tell yourself you will fail, then you will. If you tell yourself you can do it, then you can". See, it`s all in the mind. The mind can be deceived. It CAN be told what to do. But the heart? No, not the heart.

You see, I strongly believe that the HEART is the place of will in a human. Sometimes it wants good, & sometimes evil, & the body parts are nothing but soldiers that obey the heart according to what it desires. You can be braindead but your heart will keep you alive. Faith & hope & belief live in the heart. Not in the mind. You cannot lie to your heart. You can pretend to it, but not for long.

So my dear Sly, this entry is for you. Everyone who cares about you will say 3287328493 things about the situation you are facing & what they THINK you should do about it. Because I don`t know the other side of the story, it is unfair for me to say things about the other person. I just want you to retreat to the silences of the night, when you are all alone in bed & believe me, your heart will speak for itself, not the voices you`ve been hearing from everyone else. Listen to your heart, have faith, hope & belief. The reason I am still here & emotionally stronger than I was a year ago despite losing that one person I loved, is simple. I seek comfort in the fact that the peole who care about me do love me, but most of all, I know I`ve got Him in my every step, to grant me the strength & audacity to face the difficult times. There is a solution to EVERY single problem in this world, & sometimes it just takes us a while to find it. I`d like to end this off with a quote from a book I am currently reading, that is John Maxwell`s & Jim Dornan`s 'Becoming a Person of Influence'.

"There are no hopeless situations; there are only men & women who have grown hopeless about them."
- World War I hero, Marshal Ferdinand Foch

So seriously, when was the last time you actually listened to your own heart & not to the voices that don`t matter?

5 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home