SPUNK`S ABODE

I SOLEMNLY SWEAR THAT I AM UP TO NO GOOD.

Monday, September 8, 2008

animal kingdom

A long post because I feel like talking about animals...Actually, just 2.

Saturday: It rained heavily when I got home at around 2330 & was astounded to see a white Persian cat outside the lift & it looked lost. It was rubbing itself against the walls & I know it`s not that sort of horny rubbing, if you get what I mean. I think it was cold & hungry. My heart sank, & I didn`t know why, but I went up to my house anyway. I just didn`t feel good about that cat so I brought Faiz along with me to go find it. It wasn`t there but it appeared after 2 minutes. I was so happy when I saw it & started stroking it. It was so affectionate coz it started purring & went in between my legs. I know that cat belongs to someone coz strays aren`t that manja. Poor cat, really. It had the bluest eyes I`ve ever seen & I totally fell in love with it. If only the people in my house loved cats, I would have brought it home.

Anyway, its neck sort of bore a missing collartag & I remembered seeing a cat sitting on the parapet of a 2nd floor house in the opposite block. So I carried that cat all the way to that block & left it there. Apparently, it didn`t follow me back so I know it was familiar with that block. I can only hope that it is safe wherever it is now. I still feel a tinge of pain when I recall its woebegone face.

I have been an ailurophobic for the longest time ever but I overcame it last year when I saw my aunt`s new pet kitten & I was in awe. I learnt how to handle a cat & from then on, my love for felines only grew. I remember the times when I finally got over my fear & Nazir & I used to loiter around my void deck to play with the strays. A particular white one loved him a lot. It was always there whenever he dropped by. He has lots of cats at home which go for cat competitions but I never really got a chance to play with them because it was also the period when our relationship started spiralling down. I would pretty much love to keep a feline but I guess I`ll have to wait till I get my own house (:

I`ve always believed keeping a cat or dog as pets makes someone more affectionate & sensitive to people`s feelings. I see it in myself. You learn to love God`s creation though it`s an animal. You learn to love for another species in a different way. I am not talking about keeping pets like fishes or terrapins here. I am talking about animals that require a lot of attention & time to be taken care of. I don`t know, really. Fishes & terrapins are like so...emotionless or something. I don`t know how to be affectionate to my dad`s & siblings` 5 terrapins at home which I have NEVER touched. & fyi, if you remember the post about my brother`s terrapin, ORIX, in my previous blog, I`d just like to add that I THINK Orix is sick because it has funny white spots on its shell. & so does his other friend in the tank, I can`t recall its name. I think they might have STDs. Do animals have STDs? Mmmm.

Anywaaaaay, I think I should get a rabbit, but I know my parents will flip. Haha.


****************

Sunday: Dear God, I am sorry. I am so sorry. I can`t apologize this enough even though I have said my prayers countless times. I SWEAR I DID NOT MEAN TO BEHEAD THAT BEETLE. Yesterday, a beetle was flying around my desk & I got irritated. It landed on my table so I grabbed my tube of Vaseline lip balm(because it was the nearest!!!!) & wanted to lift the bug so it could fly elsewhere. BUT, I accidentally smashed it using the ends of the tube & the beetle got cut. To be more precise, I accidentally chopped off its head. It was uber gross to see its head detached but its body was still pulsating or something. Like omg, I just beheaded a creature!

& then the insane part is this... When I was sleeping, I heard a sound. You know how beetles always make this sound, it`s like they are so clumsy they can`t see where they are flying, & they make this particular sound when they hit some surface or something. Yes, I heard THAT sound. I was secretly hoping it wasn`t the ghost of the headless beetle.

=x

8 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home